Fully Automated Plate Management, Preparation and Loading
Based on Bruker’s market leading FLEX series matrix assisted laser desorption ionization time of flight mass spectrometers (MALDI-TOF), the MALDI PharmaPulse provides true MS based 96, 384 and 1536 plate reading capabilities. The analysis of a complete 1536 target plate takes less than 25 minutes. Subsequent target plates are automatically exchanged with the included automation package or with custom solutions.
All of Bruker’s MALDI-TOF systems incorporate patented smartbeam™ laser technology for unrivalled speed, sensitivity, and resolution.
Bruker’s flagship FLEX series – quick and reliable results from the smallest sample amounts.
MALDI PharmaPulse benefits includes:
- True label-free detection of native substrates and products in functional biochemical assays
- The fastest MS based screening system with cycle times between 0.5 and 1 second per sample
- Dramatically reduced solvent use resulting in significantly lower costs per analysis
- Simple and rapid assay development with no SPE or HPLC sample pre-treatment required
- Significantly reduced sample volume, typically 1μL, enables single well kinetic readouts
- Robust automation and workflows enables > 50,000 samples screened per day
Automated data acquisition and processing
Comprehensive and easy-to-use, Bruker’s Compass™ software package provides fully automated data acquisition and processing capabilities. Flexible data output formatting allows easy transfer to other software systems for further data processing or visualization.
Shorter time to results and lower costs
Significant reductions in solvent and reagent usage and waste generation result in much lower cost-per-sample.
- Up to 100 times less solvent than multi-plexed LC/SPE-MS systems
- No need for SPE cartridges or HPLC columns
- Label-free detection accelerates and simplifies assay development and avoids interferences from artifacts
- Extremely low sample volumes required for detection (typically ~1μL) enables single well kinetic readouts which can reduce the total number of assays required
Plate Reading with MALDI-TOF MS
The MALDI PharmaPulse features a full automation package fromHighRes Biosolutions that seamlessly prepares and loads MALDI plates into the FLEX series MALDI-TOF system. Major components of the pre-configured system include:
- A high precision, fully articulated robotic arm that manages all plate movement
- A configurable plate carousel that can hold up to 172 plates
- A high precision liquid handling and pipetting robot compatible with 1536, 384 and 96 formats
- A high-speed delidding hotel that does not require house vacuum